Yield: 8 tarts
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
For the Crust:
7 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
7 tablespoons melted butter
½ teaspoon vinegar
2 ¼ cups almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup Good Good Sweet Like Sugar
2 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
1 cup Good Good Sweet Jam, any flavor
For the Frosting:
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ tablespoon unsweetened almond milk, or more as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and vinegar.
3. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, Sweet Like Sugar, xanthan gum, and salt.
4. Stir the dough until it starts to clump together, then knead with your hands until the mixture becomes a ball.
5. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
6. Roll one of the pieces of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a rectangle that is about ¼-inch thick.
7. Cut the dough into 8 rectangular pieces.
8. Repeat with the other portion of dough.
9. Cut 4 slits into 8 of the rectangular pieces.
10. Spoon 2 tablespoons of jam into the middle of the other 8 rectangles that don’t have slits in them.
11. Place the slitted dough on top of the dough with the jam and press the sides to make them stick together. You may also use a fork to crimp the edges for extra security and to make them look nice.
12. Place the pop tarts on the lined cookie sheet and bake until they are browned, about 20 minutes.
13. Transfer the pop tarts to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
14. In a small bowl, stir together the powdered erythritol and ½ tablespoon almond milk.
15. Drizzle the cooled pop tarts with the frosting and enjoy.