Yield: ~14 cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup Good Good Sweet Like Sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
⅓ cup coconut flour
⅔ cup almond flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
Food coloring, as needed
¼ cup Good Good Sweet Jam, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and Sweet Like Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract, then beat once more to combine.
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum on the mixture and beat to combine.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Color each section of dough for the colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Roll each ball of dough into a long and thin log, about 2 feet long.
- Break each rope into 2 equal pieces.
- Arrange half of the logs to make a rainbow on a piece of parchment paper and repeat with the remaining logs.
- Press the logs together to make a rainbow rectangle.
- Cover the rectangle with another piece of parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin until the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 1-inch cutter, cut out the dough to make about 28 cookies.
- Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the oven until they puff slightly, about 5 minutes. Do not allow the cookies to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cooling rack for about 15 minutes. They will firm as they cool.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, place 1 teaspoon of jam on half of the cookies.
- Place another cookie on top of the jam to make a sandwich.