Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yields: 6 - 8 servings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Choco Hazel spread (+ extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso/instant coffee powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup keto chocolate chips of your choice (divided)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Then line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, 1/2 cup Choco Hazel spread and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Next add in the eggs one at a time and stir them into your batter evenly.
4. Add the dry ingredients, your almond flour, instant coffee powder, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gently fold the ingredients in using a silicon spatula until the batter becomes smooth and free from lumps.
5. Finally mix in 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Lightly dab baking the pan against the counter to remove excess air bubbles inside the batter.
7. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the batter and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
8. Once done, remove the baking pan from oven. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
Optional topping: fill a ziplock bag with 1/4 cup of Choco Hazel Spread and seal tightly. Cut a corner of the bag and drizzle the Choco Hazel Spread over the cake for extra chocolatey goodness!